Thursday, February 28, 2008

What I’m Playing – Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

This game has been repeatedly hailed as one of the few PS3 exclusive must-play games. I must say that it deserves that reputation. Not only is the game visually stunning, the story and gameplay are engaging as well. My wife isn’t into games beyond XBLA and Pogo; but she was captivated by the screen while I was playing. She couldn’t help but watch me as I played and she actually enjoyed the cut scenes.

Even if one could find this game at a reduced price, I’d still have to classify it as a rental due to its short length. Another negative that rears its ugly head a few times are the “push this button now!” mini-games which mean instant death if you miss the button press. This ticked me off in Resident Evil 4 and my ire is even stronger now. The jumping from ledge to ledge eventually gets old as well.

Rent this game, you won’t regret it.

No comments: