Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm Fat

Ugh, I’m disgusted with myself. Through a period of laziness of managed to balloon myself back up to 180 pounds. I’ve been finding too many excuses not to exercise and I haven’t been watching what I eat. There have been far too many calorie heavy lunches during the workdays (which have the added side effect of making me feel tired for the rest of the day) and too much snacking before supper.

It’s time to buckle down get serious about dropping this flab around my middle. A large portion of my clothes don’t fit and the ones that do fit certainly don’t fit well. I’m down to three different pairs of dress pants for work and two pairs of jeans.

What am I going to do to get back in shape? The root of everything is diet and I’ll be returning to an eating style that’s worked for me in the past: an altered version of The Warrior Diet; which is a version of Intermittent Fasting (IF) where one fasts during the day each day (as opposed to every other day, 24 hour fasting). Even though it’s a fast, a small protein intake or two is acceptable.

On the exercise front I’m mainly suffering the loss of my BJJ classes due to having to be at home with our daughter while my wife goes to work. So I need to do more at home exercises as well as go out bike riding more. I have a seat for my two year old daughter on the front of my bike, so there’s no reason why I can’t go riding more often. Inside I’ll just have to concentrate on bodyweight exercises, especially pull-ups.

No comments: